Photo: John Smith

Recent Posts

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A More Exciting Than Usual Barn Day

I haven't written here awhile, but I have a good excuse - I'm sick as can be.  I'm still waiting back to hear exactly what I'm sick with, but the doctors think that it could be mono.  Sigh.

This all started on Saturday.  I went out to ride Jaina and had a really great ride, especially with her lope.  She's a good loper once she gets started, but the transitions are ugly.  We had two decent transitions going left and right and I kept her loping for awhile.  We rode for about 45 minutes or so, and then we walked around the ranch.  I snapped a picture while riding her:

 

Afterward, I was going to hose her off because she was pretty hot and it was an 80 degree day.  As I was walking her to the wash rack, I all of a sudden felt like I was going to pass out.  I started seeing stars and black, and got really nauseous.  I had to tie her up to a random fence and I stumbled over to where the barn manager was sitting and I sat there and drank a 20oz of water and enjoyed the shade.  I ended up putting Jaina away and trying to drive home, but only made it a few blocks to a Chevron gas station before having to call my boyfriend Luke to have him pick me up.  
I figured I was dehydrated, so we sat there awhile and I drank a Gatorade.  It seemed to help a bit, and I was able to drive home okay.  Ever since then though (for the last 6 days) I've been getting sicker and sicker. I can't stand up without feeling like I'm going to pass out, I can't eat anything without getting nauseous.  I have a sore throat, I'm weak all over, my nose and sinuses are stuffed up.  I feel general malaise and I'm super exhausted.  Poor Jaina, I haven't been able to see her since Saturday and it's making me sad.

Jaina is moving to her new home next weekend and I wanted to get some good quality time with her in before then.  I'm getting nervous about moving her, worried that I might not be making the right choice.  But I know that I need more motivation to get out to the ranch and being at a stable where people actually are active with their horses is a good choice for me.

Anyway, here's to hoping that I'll be okay by this weekend so I can spend some time with her.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh dear. I hope you get better soon. Jaina will be OK, you concentrate on getting better.

Unknown said...

Luckily horses have good long memories. Get better soon! Reading your twitter feed, things don't sound like they are going well at all!

Post a Comment