Photo: John Smith

Recent Posts

Sunday, February 28, 2010

All Moved!

I'd love to write more about this, but my health isn't the greatest right now and so I'm going to type fast and then sleep.

Jaina moved to her new ranch today.  She hopped right on the trailer like a pro, and is now lounging in her new pipe corral.  Unfortunately, we had a ton of rain yesterday.  In San Diego, if it rains...the ranches hurt pretty bad because they're not set up to drain well.  Our grounds are so hard that rain stacks up and doesn't soak in.  Basically, I moved her from a nasty muddy pen at her old ranch to a new nasty muddy pen.  Fortunately, our big sun comes out most days and it should be dry soon.

I didn't move my tack and equipment over to the new place yet, but that will be next.  Horse down, tack to go!  I am hoping to get out there a couple times this week before work to spend some time acclimating her to her place.  

For now, it's bedtime.   :)

(P.S. thanks to Breathe at HorseCentric for plugging my blog!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel better - I had that stuff and it's exhausting!!

Post a Comment